Monday, March 20, 2006

Its music that shatters the barriers of silence



Sitting in the patio watching the rain drops drench the thirsty earth, a silent tune walks into my mind. A tune making me a part of the rain, a tune that brings a ray of sun shine in the wet atmosphere, a tune to make my day.

‘Its music that shatters the barriers of silence’… this is one saying that I totally adhere to. Music has always been an integral part of my life and deeply rooted into me. Well so much so that I associate each and every stage of my life with a song. Guess this is true with each and every one of us.

When feeling blue with no one around you, just hook up to a nice tune and there you go, getting lost into the rhythm with having no need of anyone to comfort you.

Music has evolved over the ages with new technologies creeping in. Here when I talk about music what I mean is the style of making the same. It’s amazing the way a simple tune can sound so complicated with all the additions thrown in.


If you ask me about the wonder of the world, music is the top in my list. It has so many languages; so many millions of tunes that it makes me stand in awe of the fact that all these compositions have been created just by using an octave of tune. ‘Sa re ga ma pa da ni Sa’, or if I may put it ‘do re me fa so la te do’.



When I say that each and every stage of my life is associated with a song I really mean it. It takes a remote tune to take me back by 5 years of my life or maybe 10. I hear a ‘Dil Chahta Hai’ being played and all of a sudden I am in my Final year of engineering.



I hear a Maeeri being played by one of my favorite bands ( Euphoria - in the pic ), and suddenly I find myself in the canteen of my undergraduate school with my buddies singing and banging the table till I have swollen hands. A ‘Heal the World’ (forget the singer) takes me to my 8th grade…

Similarly the whole journey of my engineering was just awesome which I know many of you’ll would agree since each of our journey to achieve that coveted degree is so memorial that you always want to be a part of it. Talking about degree how can I miss my journey through my Masters.

Had come to Ohio for the same and was thrilled to see SNOW for the first time, had heard people say “ snows depressing !!” .. But for us it was like seeing something for the first time, the excitement overtook the depression… short lived though. Must have been a month before the depressing moments had to start and there was this Song from the Movie ‘ Kal Ho Na Ho’ to add to the Snow ( that rhymed ) which made the whole environment Killing…... Sonu would go ‘ har ghaadi badal rahi hain’ and we would go ‘ Snow Snow Go away’. Well the plus point to this is even when I’m stranded somewhere in Hot Arizona just have to play this song and I have snow all around me ( at least psychologically!!)

And of course don’t wanna miss out on the party scene of WRIGHT state.. Babuji zara Dheere Chalo-Remixed. Well this was a MUST have song in all the parties. But hey am I not talking a lot about my masters here. Shall write a separate blog for that journey soon..



So coming back to Music, nowadays I am avidly following sa re ga ma pa ( Zee TV ) and Indian Idol ( Sony) so that gives me an incentive to be back home from work early. Do keep boring my room mates every now and then by just starting to hum a tune.

So in this off tune phase of life there is at least so many different tunes to look up to, tunes that take you back to the memorable lanes of life , tunes that are etched in our hearts forever.. And this list is just gonna increase with each day to come.

So what’s the tune for this blog ??

GAATA RAHE MERA DIL… OR ‘My Dil Goes Mmmmm’.. Well it’s on you to decide.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lavanya said...

I agree. When you think back, in retrospect, you sometimes feel that some songs were written/composed just for you - for a particular moment, for a particular event or a particular feeling.

10:58 AM  
Blogger SEV said...

How often have I had a tune a playing in my head during a particular moment in life.. uncountable.
Music is something you can never live without.. I still remember standing struck the first time I heard 'Maeri' - during my FE Horizon... I think you were singing it :)
Floyd, Rahman, Bryan,Enigma,U2.. just one word. Amazing.All so similar, and so different :)

4:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home