Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Life Moves On



Sitting on the Bench thinking about the days gone by
Things that have gone their ways and I wonder why
Wonder where those days did go
Those morning dews, I need to know

Those long summer days in the sun
Chasing butterflies and fighting for fun
Coming home to hear your Mama shout
She did have Dads support ‘No Doubt‘

Those carefree days have just rolled by
And I sit here and I wonder why
Life has taken a whole new turn
Each new day giving new lessons to learn

Life just races through the fast paced lanes
Rushing thru the long summers and the wet rains
I think abt the future and take a huge sigh
Sitting on the bench thinking abt the days gone by.

- Venkat Narayan

6 Comments:

Blogger Lavanya said...

Gr8 work:-) Especially liked:
"Life has taken a whole new turn
Each new day giving new lessons to learn"

Consider this:
"Somebody once asked me what's worse than failing at something you badly wanted? I realize what's worse: not learning the lesson from that failure"

10:35 AM  
Blogger Envy said...

Absolutely adhere to that saying, keep learning new lessons, not only from ur victory but also defeat.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Arjun J said...

No posts since a long time!!!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Envy said...

hey banjo, been quite busy yaar, off late. moving into my new apt etc, so once settled theres gonna be a bundle of posts coming up

11:34 AM  
Blogger HaLin said...

Good one bro! Sahi hai...I have added a new post on my blog..read it when you have time

3:39 AM  
Blogger Swetha Krishnan said...

Hey I somehow missed this one...wow I didnt know you write poetry...
We move on with our lives, coz life is too short to brood over spoilt milk and time is ticking....
So enjoy the icecream before it melts :-)

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home